Saturday, March 9, 2024

RIP Mayte Carol

 

Actress Mayte Carol, Mexican film star, dies

She died at the age of 82 in Mexico City. She was the wife of the late actor Miguel Palmer, with whom she had her daughter, actress Valeria Palmer.

Univision

By Ashbya Mere

March 9, 2024

 

Mayte Carol died at the age of 82 on the morning of March 9, as confirmed by the National Association of Interpreters of Mexico (ANDI) on social networks.

"The National Association of Interpreters communicates the sensitive death of the interpreter member Mayte Carol. Film and television actress remembered for her participation in films such as 'Cuenta saldada' and 'Patrolman 777'. To her family and friends we send our deepest condolences on behalf of the Board of Directors and Supervisory Committee of ANDI," the message reads.

Her daughter, actress Valeria Palmer, asked on her Facebook profile for prayers for her mother's health hours before her death, without revealing the details of her condition: "Please strong prayers for my mother. We need a miracle of love."

Days earlier, on March 6, she prayed to the Virgin of Guadalupe on social media for his mother's health.

"I pray with all my strength, My Mother, for this miracle that I need to have my mommy by my side, even if it is a little longer. I feel so small, so vulnerable My Mother, I ask you to listen to my plea and lend it to me a little more, I still need her very much and she needs me, we still have many plans," she reads on Instagram.

María Teresa Corral García was born on October 13, 1941 in Mexico City.

Her career as an actress was forged mainly in cinema by participating in iconic films with great idols of Mexico such as Mario Moreno 'Cantinflas', Santo El Enmascarado de Plata, Gaspar Henaine 'Capulina', Germán Robles, Eric del Castillo, Fernando Almada, among others.

 

Some of the films in which she participated are: 'Patrolman 777', 'The Two Rustlers', 'In Front of Destiny', 'Saint Against the Strangler' and 'Settled Account', just to mention a few.

She also left a legacy in the theatre, such as in the play 'Abrázame muy fuerte' in 201

One of her latest projects was the film 'My Best Friend's Wedding', which was released in 2019, as well as her participation in the one-man show La Rosa de Guadalupe.

Mayte Carol married Miguel Palmer, with whom she had a daughter Valeria. The actor died in 2021 at the age of 78.

CAROL, Mayte (María Teresa Guadalupe Corral García)

Born: 10/13/1941, Mexico City, Federal District, Mexico

Died: 3/9/2024, Mexico City, Federal District, Mexico

 

Mayte Carol’s westerns – actress:

En peigro de muerte! - 1962

Dos alegres gavilanes – 1963 (muchacha del pueblo)

Los Hermanos Barragán – 1964 (Carmen)

Los hijos del condenado - 1964

Shadow of the Black Hand - 1964

Los dos cuatreros – 1965 (Pueblerina rubia)

Los hijos del condenado (1964)

El cachorro – 1966 (Pueblerina rubia)

No comments:

Post a Comment