Sunday, September 13, 2020

RIP Atilio Pozzobón


Actor Atilio Pozzobón died

Teleshow
Septemeber 12, 2020

The renowned artist passed away at the age of 82. He was a figure in Argentine humor classics such as "La revista dislocada" and "Telecónicos". He also made his mark on the big screen and in the world of advertising.

Atilio Pozzobón, a renowned film, television, theater and publicity actor, died this Saturday at the age of 82, according to the Argentine Association of Actors.

Teleshow He wanted to find out the reasons for the death, but the artist's family prefers to keep the details for their privacy, at least for now.

A native of Llavallol, a district of Lomas de Zamora, he spent his days listening to the wooden radio that was in his home, while his father worked in a factory. On Sundays, as I walked through the streets of the neighborhood, I heard that La revista dislocada was playing in every house, the hit comedy program of the moment, created and scripted by Délfor Dicásolo. His friends told him that because of his ability to do imitations, he should try his luck there.

Despite his mother's refusal and that for him it was "an odyssey" to travel to Buenos Aires, he went to radio Splendid. “There was a guard and an impressive wooden gate. I went in and got to the door and asked to speak to Mr. Délfor. 'The little guy is busy,' they told me. They thought I wanted to see the program ... But after a while, because of those things that nobody knows why they happen, the guy came back and told me: 'The petiso is waiting for you.' I was trembling ... Délfor received me and said: 'What can you do, kid?' "Pozzobón said in an interview with Telefe Noticias.

“I did 20 imitations, one after the other, and he said 'it may be'. At that moment Cacho Fontana , who was the announcer of the program, enters. There was a piano and he threw himself on top laughing. Délfor told me: 'Come on Sunday, kid, I'll write you news' When I got home my mom asked me how I had been. I told him: 'On Sunday I put The Dislocated Magazine and you are going to listen to your son.' I think the pressure went up to 30 or so, "he said.

He worked uninterruptedly from 1959 to 1976. Much of his career was linked to sports journalism , mainly as a chronicler of the broadcasts of the rise of La oral deportivo, on radio Rivadavia, in addition to his work on radio Belgrano and El Mundo. For 17 years he had his own program, Get up with joy , which began at five in the morning on Radio del Pueblo.

He was also a figure on black and white television. It came to Telecomics , an emblematic television program of the 1960s. He stood out for the character of the Boca Fanatic, one of the great attractions of the cycle. He was a man who lost his temper in all conversations and could not help but exclaim his passion for the colors blue and gold, and his idolatry for Antonio Rattín, captain and figure of the team at that time. "Fanatic me?", Was the catchphrase that popularized.

The character led him to be the star of the advertising of Cigarrillos Boca and to establish a friendship with the president of the club Alberto José Armando. Its popularity allowed it to be the visible face of many other brands throughout its trajectory.

At that time the doors of the cinema were opened to him, with films such as The town already has a curator, The Picnic of the Campanelli and Rosarigasinos. In the '90s Juan José Campanella turned his career upside down and, far from humor, called him to play the chef of the restaurant run by the characters of Ricardo Darín and Héctor Alterio in Son of the Bride. Later, the director hired him again in Luna de Avellaneda and El Hombre de tu vida. There were almost 50 feature films in which he participated.

On a personal note, he had several ups and downs during the years that he accompanied his wife (whom he met on a train trip on the Roca Railroad, between Llavallol and Temperley) during her long illness. She passed away in 1983 and he never rebuilt his love life. "Continuing was difficult because I had to learn a lot of things that I did not know," he said about it.

Like his characters, he always showed himself as a simple, neighborhood person: “ Everything that I have done for me was a dream . Every actor I meet says nice and nice things to me. I realized that all distinctions and compliments are caresses to the soul. And the soul, when it receives caresses, is very happy”.


POZZOBON, Atilio (Atilio Angel Pozzobón)
Born: 3/24/1938, Llavallo, Lomas de Zamora, Argentina
Died: 9/12/2020, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Atilio Pozzobón’s western – actor:
Lucky Luke – 2009 (barman)

No comments:

Post a Comment