Sunday, June 23, 2024

RIP Phil Savenick

 

Instagram

By Alison Martino

6/21/2024

 

Our community has lost a very, dear friend today. Phil Savenick was a fixture in this city and a wonderful historian and friend, to many of us. I’m at a loss of words to describe how wonderful and important Phil was. He was the only historian I knew that encouraged me the way he did. A true mentor.

Last year I interviewed Phil for my Robinson’s Gardens segment on spectrum news beautifully produced by @makefreshproductions. Phil gave us the most wonderful interview. I’m posting a few minutes here from that memorable segment.

SAVENICK, Phil (Phillip P. Savenick)

Born: 1/9/1952, Los Angeles, California, U.S.A.

Died: 6/21/2024, Los Angeles, California, U.S.A.

 

Phil Saveneck’s western – producer, writer:

100 Years of the Hollywood Western - 1994

No comments:

Post a Comment